Monday, April 5, 2010

Bitter Sweet Goodbyes

As many of you already know, I am staying in Wales for an extra five weeks to do a bit of traveling/ "back-packing" if you will. I have already been to Bath & Stonehenge and plan to go to Ireland with a local friend Dafydd (very Welsh) and staying with Janet again. I am very grateful for the friends I already had here and especially the ones I've made since I've been here.


Although, last weekend, I said goodbye to my bestie, which let me tell you, was harder than I expected. We have been through so much in the last 3 months, and I couldn't have imagined spending it with anyone other than Jen. Everyday for the last 12 weeks, Jen and I have worked in close proximity, taken breaks together, taken holidays together, eaten meals together, watch rugby and footy together, made friends together, gone to school sponsored functions together, the list just goes on and on. So you can imagine that it was very weird to say a temporary goodbye to her. (In the picture from left to right: Brighid, our Auzzie friend that works at Howells, Jen, and myself)


1 comment:

  1. Stephanie Marie!

    Don't do this to me! I'm sitting in the ATX. I just looked at apartments and have been emailing people like crazy about jobs. And here you go reminding me of our secret adventures makin me get all teary eyed. I hope that your adventures in backpacking are everything that you'd hoped... so far it sounds fabulous. And look at you makin friends everywhere :)

    Miss you more than you know!! xx

    ReplyDelete