Monday, April 26, 2010

A little place called Rhuthun


Over the half-term holiday, my friend Pete, who is also a teacher and had time off, and I decided to take a daytrip to a nearby town, called Rhuthun/Ruthin. It is a quant little town, but is full of history! We set out midmorning on the bus. We walked around the park, where Pete showed me some spots of his childhood memories, such as trying to hurdle a fence and face-planting...boys. Ha! We saw the old jail, some of the old church buildings, the town square, the old courthouse, the outside of the castle because it is privately owned now, etc. To see pictures from the day, check them out on Facebook (click on the link). Funny story to end the day in Rhuthun, as Pete and I are walking to the bus stop to go home the bus drives past the bus stop. Well, normally this wouldn't be too big of a deal except the bloody bus only comes once every 50 minutes. So we sit there patiently, chatting away, and then I start talking about hatchbacks (a type of car I would like), well they aren't familiar with that term here, so I was looking for one to point out to him...right as the bus drives by AGAIN and doesn't stop to pick us up because you have to hail the darn thing. I lost it; I was laughing so stinking hard, I couldn't control myself. So, I am about to update my Facebook status via my prepaid phone and the bus comes around again in 5 minutes (by fluke), this time luckily Pete was paying attention and hailed it. Needless to say, I may still be sitting in Rhuthun had Pete not been with me. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment